Thursday, October 23, 2014

Staying Ahead, or Not!

It has been a crazy couple of weeks. The hubby had surgery and that always takes a tole on things, but he is recovering well and thankfully I have an one of those husbands who hates to complain, so it hasn't been that bad. Other things keep popping up also, random things that take up lots of time and leave me feeling tired in the end. I know that life is the number one reason we stop doing the things we love. I have been kind of anxious about Nano. Sometimes I feel like there just isn't enough time in the day to get everything done, and catch up on everything I haven't done for the past, like 30 years! Part of me thinks that I should put Nano on the shelf this year and try again another time, then the other part of me says, "get it together girl!" Whatever my brain may be saying, I definitely have a decision to make. This problem has got me thinking. There are hundreds of things we have to do every day. Some of those things we have to do to survive, so they aren't really options, but other things are disposable. I wonder how much time we spend on average on the internet doing nothing of value, on Facebook or browsing YouTube. How many hours a day do we watch television or spend time gaming? I think a lot about those people a hundred years ago didn't have those distractions and who got so much accomplished in a single day. They worked and toiled over everything and had very little time to relax and enjoy the fruits of their labors. We on the other hand have all this amazing technology to help us be productive and they we still don't take time to do the things we love because we fill up all that extra time with crap! So here is my goal, cut out the crap! That doesn't mean that I can't send an email, or send a quick message to a friend. That doesn't mean on Date Night I have to skip the movies, but I can not check Facebook six times a day. I can stop watching a show on TV every night and get in a couple hundred words on my Nano book. IT CAN BE DONE! I challenge you to look at your life and see what you can cut back on so that you can do something you love, whatever it is. Spend time with your family, read or write a good book, go for a walk, enjoy the "Extra" time our world has afforded us, and I promise it will be well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment