Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Time to Hit the Keys!

OK friends, yesterday I managed 4,000 words and it was a lot of fun.  Sometimes I feel like I get stuck in a rut trying to pound out the same old thing every day.  I love what I do, but just like every job, I  need a change of scenery to keep the juices flowing.  I had no idea what I wanted to do for Camp Nano until about 9:30 yesterday morning but the story is really coming along.  I like the characters and the plot line is fun, something I haven't really done before.

I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he was saying that he likes the idea of Nano because you can just put it all down and lock your editor in the closet without food or drink for a month.  I agree!! It really is fun to throw all the rules out the door and know that it doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be creative.  My neighbor calls it hamburger writing. It isn't pretty but it is full of all kinds of goodness!

Anyway, I encourage all of you out there to work on your Hamburger Manuscript today, and hit the keys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment