Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Voices in my Head

I have yet to put my fingers back on the keyboard for my CampNano book, darn life getting in my way, but last night I just could not sleep.  It was about one o'clock and I was playing over a conversation my hero and heroin will be having in the book.  Over and over I played the scene in my head until I wasn't sure if I was even awake anymore. Finally I was able to sleep, but those voices sure were persistent.

It reminded me of a time I was working on a manuscript, and I was having a conversation with the main character in the shower.  It must have been afternoon, probably after a morning of cleaning and playing mommy, but the shower curtain opens and there stands my husband.

"Who are you talking too." He asked.

Scared the heck out of me! He just laughed and left the bathroom. Apparently he is use to the crazy conversations I have with myself.

Another time I was grocery shopping, and I was standing by the cereal having a conversation with a character, and this lady pokes her head around the corner and gives me a funny look. Slowly she crossed over to the next isle keeping her eye on me the whole time.  Apparently she is NOT use to the crazy conversations I have with myself. Hahaha!!

I can't say I mind the voices so much, unless it is 1:30 in the morning. They sure have given me some good laughs, and some great ideas, and as long as the special people in my life except them, then I guess things are peachy.  Now lets see, the voices are telling me I need chocolate.  What? I was up until 1:30 people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment