Thursday, October 20, 2011

Nano Time!!!

Silverberry

I don't know about you, but I have already had a couple of Personal Nano Jam sessions in an attempt to get my plot and characters setup, and we are still something like ten days out!!!

I decided, just for the heck of it, I was going to write something completely out of my comfort zone. Normally, I'm a lover and writer of Clean Historical Fiction/Romance. But this year I am going for Young Adult Fantasy. Am I completely crazy??? Why yes, yes I am. Don't get me wrong I love to read the stuff, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around all the concepts of a book filled with magic and villains who don't die like regular human beings. I'm also a sucker for romance, imagine that, and so I am going to try to put some of those elements into it as well.

So here it goes. Here is my grand scheme of a plot. My story is about a 16 year old girl who moves with her parents to a new town. She's unhappy about the move AND the new town, but initially the town seems pretty normal. She meets a boy right off who gives her two silver berries then cryptically tells her that if she'll eat one of them, he will explain everything on Monday at school. Strange.? Yes.

The MC later comes to find that there is an evil man, Mayor King, who is controlling the people in his town with magical berries that grow naturally in the area. He found the power of the berries hundreds of years ago and has lured people to town to cultivate and distribute the magical powers so people will do his bidding.

This particular boy that she has met has managed to find the only berry that will keep him from falling under the spell. The berry, the books namesake, is the Silverberry. He has been waiting for someone else to come to town so they could work together to overthrow the bad guys and destroy the magic berries.

Anyway, that is a brief overview. I am hoping to make it a trilogy, but like a said before, I have never done ANYTHING like this. So, wish me the best and after Nano we will see what kind of story we have.

1 comment:

  1. GO MAGIC BERRIES! I think it will be a fun story! GO pantser!

    ReplyDelete