Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Books that Changed My Life 03

Continuation of Books That Changed My Life 02


4. Little Black Sambo by Helen Bannerman - Ok, first off, the illustrations in this book are amazing. I love the colors and I remember them being so vivid when I was a child. I also love the story line, a little boy who loves pancakes and these tigers come to eat the pancakes but decide to eat him instead. He gives the tigers his beautiful cloths, and purple shoes to pacify them and everything is fine until they start to fight each other and then run around and around until they turn to butter. Just great!! What concept, and in the end our little Sambo is the winner all around. He gets his cloths back AND butter for his pancakes!!




5. The Twits by Roald Dahl- I loved this book because it was funny to see them be awful to each other. Who thinks to write a book about a terrible couple who hates everyone including each other! It was a deliciously disgusting book and my five year old thought it was the greatest!!! I know exactly what he sees in it because it was just as fun reading it to him as it was when my mom read it to me. And I will never look at a man with a beard the same way again!


These are just a few of the books, like I said I can remember hundreds of books my mom read to us. Maybe some day I will post all the books that I read when I was growing up, just for the fun of seeing the list myself.

What are some books that you remember from growing up and how have they affected you? Please comment below with some of your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment