Saturday, October 22, 2011

Books That Changed My Life 02

Continuation of Books That Changed My Life

2. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell - I am a sucker for books with a strong female lead. Something about how she has to fend for herself and then uses her resources to make friends with the wild dog and the strength she needed to bury her little brother. I don't know what I loved so much about this book when mom first read it to me, but this book struck a resounding tone with me. It is one book I was anxious to share with my ten year old daughter.








3. Summer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls - I liked this book so much because it was kind of a happy version of Where the Red Fern Grows. A story about a boy who gets an idea and sees it though. I also love how much I connected with the monkeys. They were so human at times that I wasn't sure who to root for. Then when he chooses to use his reward money to help his sister is just priceless!! Oh, and he gets his pony. I'd love to get a pony. : ]











Details for 2 more books are HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment