Friday, October 28, 2011

Time Flies Friday for 10.28.2011



This blog hop is hosted by Passion for Novels





Ahh, time to reminisce on another book. While growing up, I read a lot of books, and like I mentioned before, my mom would read to us all the time. One book that really stuck with me was a book called:

The Giver
by Lois Lowry -

This book talks about a world within our world that everything is controlled. You are not 'born' into a family you are 'given' to a family based on the skills of the husband and wife. As you grow, you are directed to participate in different, specific activities. Then someone else decides what you are going to be when you grow up. My favorite part in the book is when our main character, Jonas sees in color. I would love to explain the whole thing but it really must be experienced for yourself. Just take it from me, this is a must read. I have, over and over and over again.




Have you ever read this book? Did you like it? Post in the comments below your thoughts on this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment