Tuesday, October 11, 2011

NaNoWriMo Ideas and Planning


NaNoWriMo is a less than 20 some days away! 30 days of writing. 50,000 words. I've made it 2 years running and have every intention of making it this year as well.

I'm pretty sure I have my major plot line figured out. I'm changing genres on this one and look forward to the challenge that will bring. My plot line involves normal people finding themselves in a 'magical' place. But it's not a 'magic' book, nor a 'magic' story. Well..... kind of.

Anyway, I'm using my 10yo daughter as something of a sounding board on plot development. (I'm going for more of a YA theme here) She's been a great help because her imagination is still young and bright, where mine tends to atrophy a bit over time.

I've signed into the NaNoWriMo site and got things started there. I need to get it all setup and prepped for Nov. 1. I have some folder and file organization to do on my computer. I need my husband to do all the latest and greatest updates on my laptop so that I don't have to stop in the middle of the month to get those done.

I have my backup plans in place. You know - emailing yourself the file, saving multiple/progressive copies, printing copies at points throughout the month. Oh - and that reminds me, I need to have my husband ensure the printer is ready to go. Paper, ink, drivers!

So much to do and just about 20 days left to get it all ready. I'm excited! I'm excited for the new genre. Excited for the new challenge! Excited to participate again in NaNoWriMo!

Are you participating? Do you have your plans and plots in place?


No comments:

Post a Comment