Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again!

Day 9 of Camp Nano and I regret to inform you, that I have written nothing in two days.  AHHAHAHHA!!! OK, now that I got that out of my system I need to re-focus.  I would like to use a weekend of camping and swimming, game playing and pretty much being lazy as an excuse but we all know that doesn't work during Nano.  So today I recommit, I say, write, write, write!  The beauty of Nano for me though is that I open the manuscript and I keep going, I don't go back and read anything, I don't worry about flow or congruency, I just write and it is fun!

I remember a couple of years ago being stressed about my story at the time. I was worried about everything working out, keeping my readers attention, following all the rules. It was a very stressful time for me. I remember sitting down at the computer and not knowing how to do something that I have loved doing forever.  I expressed my concern to my wonderful hubby and he told me to stop worrying about everything and just enjoy writing, enjoy the process.  That is when I found Nano.  One whole month of throwing the rules out the window and just having a good time.  Since then I have looked forward to November so I could let my hair down and just enjoy. 

Today, when I open up Capturing Lady Jane and start plunking away, I will remember how much I love what I do.  How much I enjoy living in another world for a couple of hours every day, and knowing that, no matter how my stories are received, I loved writing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment